- Andersons restaurant opening
- Gashouse Cafe opening
- Cairngorm reindeer
- Pine Martens on our squirrel feeder
- Spectacular early summer
- Covid 19 update
Covid 19 update
We look forward to the reopening of the holiday cottage business on July 15th but are conscious that potential guests may still be nervous about booking in case restrictions are re-imposed. We advise all guests to take travel insurance, but we have made the following changes to our booking terms and conditions to make things easier
Our booking calendar is open from July 15th which is the provisional date just set by the Scottish Government for resumption of holiday cottages opening. We will keep this under constant review and amend if any new guidance appears
In the following circumstances we will refund all payments made on bookings through the cottage website, less any credit/debit card charges levied on us.
- The Scottish Government decide that certain holiday accommodation has to close, and Loch Cottage is included in that category
- The Scottish and/or English Governments impose travel restrictions that would prevent guests from travelling from their home to the cottage
- If preferred, we are happy to move the booking to a later date rather than cancelling it. The price would be adjusted either way if the new booking dates fall into a different pricing period
In addition to our normal stringent cleaning procedures, we will be fully complying with the protocols set out by the Association of Scottish Self Caterers (ASSC).
With the national park on the doorstep, you can 'self isolate' while still enjoying the outdoors and the cottage is well separated from neighbours with its own driveway so it is easy to stay well clear of other people. When you are not out and about you can settle into the cottage with high speed internet, and a smart TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime apps to while away the time with films and series. Tesco will deliver to the door, although as this is written it is a challenge to get a slot
Stay safe, and we look forward to something slightly closer to normal life being restored